The Introduction to Acoustic Guitar course covers the role of the acoustic guitar in music, as well as the basic technical skills required to play a variety of simple songs.
You’ll learn how to tune your guitar, and by the end of the ten weeks will have an understanding of guitar notes, open position chords (including major, minor, dominant 7, etc.), time keeping and simple melodies. Your expert tutor will guide you through the fundamentals of theory, using a selection of contemporary songs as examples.
By completing this course, you will:
- Be able to tune your guitar
- Understanding open position chords (Major, Minor, Dominant 7 etc)
- Learn the notes on your guitar and the ability to play simple melodies
- Have a grasp of time keeping
- Learn songs in a variety of styles from Simon and Garfunkel to Damien Rice.
Beginner - No previous learning is required, however a passion for guitar is essential!
Start date:Wednesday 12th July 2017
Sessions are held on Wednesday evenings between 7 pm and 9 pm at our campus in Kilburn.
(includes student materials pack, supporting audio and course tuition)
Should you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us on
020 7328 0222 or email@example.com
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Location: ICMP London, Kilburn
- Start Dates: Wednesday 12th July 2017
- Day/Time: Wednesday evenings 7- 9pm
- Cost: £199 (includes student materials pack, supporting audio and course tuition)