A dynamic and challenging programme, this course will provide you with professional playing, performing and musicianship skills as well as the tools and knowledge required to develop and sustain a career in today’s modern and diverse music industry.
During the course, you will develop relevant music industry skills and effectively prepare for the real world of the career musician through playing, practising and performing. You will be challenged to achieve high levels of musicianship and instrumental skill.
The study of established genres, styles and repertoire sits at the core of the BMus degree. Students develop a wide and comprehensive understanding of genre conventions through study in their principal instrument, with the intention of enabling them to function in a variety of performance and music-making contexts upon entry into the workplace.
This aim is supported by an embedded range of learning activities in subject areas such as music theory, music technology, music production, aural perception, technique and sight-reading.
Ultimately, by graduating from the BMus degree you will become fluent and literate in the language of popular music, capable of working in creative and collaborative professional environments, and ready to begin your professional career.
Successful completion of programme BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance at ICMP leads to the award of Bachelor of Music by the University of East London.
Fees & Funding
Taking a music degree course at ICMP makes financial sense too, with the fees for ICMP music degrees significantly less than those at many traditional universities, and, also much lower than other UK music education providers - making studying music at ICMP in London great value as well as great fun.
2017/18 Course Fees: £6,300 (UK & EU Students) | £8,900 (Non-EU Students)
For students to be eligible for SLC funding, they must be studying a designated course. This course is designated for SLC loans for 2017-18 - further information can be found here.
- The personalised learning experience equips you with the knowledge, understanding and skills for successful employment in the music industry
- The course enables the development of high-level instrumental skill and music literacy
- The London location provides opportunities to perform in gigs at top London venues and immerse yourself in the current music scene
- High-quality teaching by industry practitioners
- Extensive music industry links and access enable you to build that all-important network
- A high level of contact teaching hours is delivered in small groups in world-class facilities
- A creative and inspiring learning environment
- You can focus on realising your unique identity as a musician
- Provides preparation for being a professional and versatile musician
- Develops your musicianship across a diverse range of styles and scenarios