This is done through performances, composition of original material, and multimedia interdisciplinary collaborations. Along with the development of musicianship and performance skills, the course also focuses on essential entrepreneurial and critical business skills that a creative musician needs in order to forge a successful career.
Through this course, you will develop expertise in your principal instrument, individually through one-to-one instrumental tuition across all three years, and collectively within a group workshop environment. You will also be given the opportunity to explore and analyse a range of genres to help inform your own artistic development and compositional ‘voice’. In the business and entrepreneurship modules, you will gain an understanding of marketing, branding, social networking and successful new business models, while developing broader communication, management and interpersonal skills. Using the latest technology, you will be given the opportunity to build a portfolio of your own original music, working in collaboration with other disciplines and media, such as film, dance, games and fashion.
For students to be eligible for SLC funding, they must be studying a designated course. This course is designated for SLC loans for 2017-18. Click here for more information.
Successful completion of programme Cert HE Creative Musicianship at ICMP leads to the award of Certificate of Higher Education by the University of East London.
- Develops your creative skills and unique creative voice
- Learn entrepreneurial, business and networking skills to maximise your creative ability
- Develops your performance and musicianship skills
- One-to-one tuition in your principal instrument
- Prepares you for a portfolio career within the music industry and the wider creative sector
- The personalised learning experience equips you with the knowledge, understanding and skills for successful employment in the music industry
- The London location provides opportunities to perform in gigs at top London venues and immerse yourself in the current music scene
- High-quality teaching by industry practitioners
- Extensive music industry links and access enable you to build that all-important network
- A high level of contact teaching hours is delivered in small groups in world-class facilities
- A creative and inspiring learning environment