An understanding of the fundamentals of music technology and computer operating systems is desirable before taking this course.
The course aims to improve the quality of your music mixes by developing a better practical and theoretical understanding of equalisation, dynamic control and time based effects. As well as improving project workflow this course also explores advanced mixing techniques like parallel compression and side-chaining. Over the course of the first day you will cover essential audio theory in preparation for a full mixing session on day-2. Our tutor will use commercial projects to demonstrate mixing techniques discussed on day 1 of the course as well giving you some very useful tips and tricks.
By completing this course, you will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the mixing process
- Have an awareness of mix preparations and workflows
- Have a range of practical mixing tips & tricks for commercial use
- Understand theoretical principles of sound in relation to the mixing process
- Understand concepts such as EQ, time based effects and dynamic processors
- A detailed resource book explaining all the concepts covered
This course takes place in ICMP’s state of the art studio control room. Equipment used includes; Audient ASP8024 Heritage Edition Mixing Console, Focal SM6 Trio 6 Be 3-way nearfield monitor speakers, Avantone Active MixCube monitor speakers, Avid Pro Tools HD Native, Avid S3 Pro Tools Control Surface, Lexicon PCM91 Multi Effects Processor, UAD 6176 Vintage Channel Strip, UAD Powered Plugins, Antares Autotune Studio .
Sat/Sun 10am – 5pm
Apply for this course
Should you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us on
020 7328 0222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duration: 2 days
- Location: Kilburn, London
- Day/Time: Sat/Sun 10am – 5pm
- Cost: £290