Encompassing one-to-one instrumental tuition, performance workshops and gigs, studio recording, music culture studies, and marketing, so that you can promote and manage your music career. This course focuses on ensuring you have the wide-ranging skill set required for a career in the modern music industry.
The course will promote a very high standard of instrumental prowess and enable you to work in numerous professional areas such as composition, performance, session playing, recording, events management and music promotion.
You will also develop a sound knowledge of the current business practices that operate within the industry and you will have termly meetings with representatives in the music industry to discuss your music and projects.
English language lessons for musicians are also included in the programme. This optional module for non-native speakers ensures that you develop enhanced language skills preparing you for a full degree course.
A wide variety of professional musicians are involved in the delivery of this programme. Students learn from an experienced and committed faculty of leading educators and top professional musicians who have developed a curriculum in line with the demands of today’s ever-changing music industry. This ensures that students are able to interact and network with professional musicians and experienced industry practitioners throughout the programme. Importantly, there are a wide variety of musical activities in which to engage, including showcase events and public performance opportunities, and the chance to work in recording studios and other professional settings. Modules you will study include:
- Music Practice and Technique – including one-to-one instrumental tuition
- Live Performance Workshop – including weekly performance opportunities
- Music Culture, Context and Criticism – developing your critical understanding of the music industry
- Live Music Promotion – planning and marketing your music professionally
Successful completion of programme Cert HE Music Practice at ICMP leads to the award of Certificate of Higher Education by the University of East London.
- Develops and hones your performance and musicianship skills
- You can focus on creating, playing and performing your music
- Weekly allocation of one-to-one tuition on principal instrument
- Access to recording studios with a sound engineer to record your music
- Personalised ‘Artist and Repertoire’ (A&R) sessions with representatives from the music industry
- The personalised learning experience equips you with the knowledge, understanding and skills for successful employment in the music industry
- The London location provides opportunities to perform in gigs at top London venues and immerse yourself in the current music scene
- High-quality teaching by industry practitioners
- Extensive music industry links and access enable you to build that all-important network
- Unrivalled contact teaching hours delivered in small group classes or one-to-one
- A creative and inspiring learning environment with dedicated practice facilities