The BA (Hons) Creative Music Production course further develops the central ICMP practice of close industry connectivity and engagement through both the employment of dual practitioner tutors, focusing on ‘real world’ vocational and entrepreneurial development. The core benefits of this course are:
- It will enable you to create, produce and launch market-ready original music.
- It will enable you to develop industry-relevant technical and entrepreneurial skills.
The BA (Hons) Creative Music Production course has been designed around four principal programme aims:
- To develop the student’s artistic and creative skillset in the areas of music production, music technology, composition and song creation
- To ensure students acquire and are able to apply the practical skills, understanding and attributes necessary to work successfully in professional music production settings
- To develop students’ creativity in a context of analytical, critical and technical understanding of music and music production
- To ensure students acquire and are able to apply appropriate business, entrepreneurial and life skills necessary for building and maintaining dynamic and viable career opportunities
The curriculum focuses on the development of digital and computer-based music production practices, enabling the development of your practical and technical skills on established and recognised industry software platforms and related professional practice.
Importantly, students on this programme will have access to the Hub, a dedicated ICMP team providing direct and relevant industry connectivity. The Hub provides you with the opportunity to engage with a range of personalised opportunities and training throughout your time at the ICMP in order to maximise your opportunities for employment and creative development after you graduate.
Fees & Funding
Taking a music production degree course at ICMP makes financial sense too, with the fees for ICMP music degrees significantly less than those at many traditional universities, and, also much lower than other UK music education providers - making studying music at ICMP in London great value as well as great fun.
2017/18 Course Fees: £6,300 (UK & EU Students) | £8,900 (Non-EU Students)
For students to be eligible for SLC funding, they must be studying a designated course. This course is designated for SLC loans for 2017-18 - further information can be found here.
Successful completion of the BA (Hons) Creative Music Production programme at ICMP leads to the award of Bachelor of Arts by the University of East London.
- Develops your music production skills and unique creativity
- Professional music production environment and facilities
- Career-focused artist development designed to make you business-ready as a music producer
- Learn how to develop, market, and promote your music
- Develops entrepreneurial, business and networking skills
- Personalised learning experience
- High-quality teaching by industry practitioners
- A high level of contact teaching hours delivered in small classes
- Collaborate with your peers on other ICMP programmes