The MA in Songwriting is a highly creative programme designed to enable students to examine, explore and focus both their practical songwriting and analytical songwriting education. Students focus on creative exploration, writing exercises and academic research around the subject before focusing on the creation of a new major repertoire work or a dissertation in the area of song.
Student support for postgraduate masters courses is available to students studying at ICMP from the academic year 2017-18.
Eligible students on designated masters courses at ICMP will be able to access the postgraduate masters loan in the same way and at the same value as they could at a publicly funded provider. Individuals will be able to borrow up to £10,000.
Courses at ICMP are designated each year by the Department for Education. Click here for more information.
Successful completion of programme MA Songwriting at ICMP leads to the award of MA by the University of East London.
- The personalised learning experience equips you with the knowledge, understanding and skills for successful employment in the music industry
- One-to-one instrumental lessons and individual research supervision
- ICMP's London location provides opportunities to perform in gigs at top London venues and immerse yourself in the current music scene
- High-quality teaching by music industry practitioners
- Extensive music industry links and access enable you to build that all-important network
- A creative and inspiring learning environment
- You can focus on realising your unique identity as a songwriter
- Combines advanced songwriting with rigorous scholarship
- Enhances your creativity and confidence as a performer and academic
- One year full-time or two years part-time study