On the ICMP’s Music Business course, we provide you with the tools and opportunities you will need to be at the forefront of the music business, enabling you to create and model your music business career.
The ICMP’s Music Business degree will help you to gain practical, real-world experience by immersing you in a creative and entrepreneurial environment. You will be taught by established music industry professionals and given the opportunity to promote, and work in association with, fellow student artists. You will learn management principles and a broad range of business skills, helping you to maximise the creative and commercial potential of the artist–business relationship. Your studies will promote entrepreneurship and creative thinking, helping you to create and launch your own business before leaving the course.
ICMP has supported and launched the careers of many of the country’s most successful musicians and artists. By joining the ICMP Music Business course in London, you can help to manage, guide and structure the musical successes of the future.
Fees & Funding
Taking a Music Business degree course at ICMP makes financial sense too, with the fees for ICMP music degrees significantly less than those at many traditional universities, and, also much lower than other UK music education providers - making studying music at ICMP in London great value as well as great fun.
2017/18 Course Fees: £6,300 (UK & EU Students) | £8,900 (Non-EU Students)
For students to be eligible for SLC funding, they must be studying a designated course. This course is designated for SLC loans for 2017-18 - further information can be found here.
Successful completion of the BA (Hons) Music Business at ICMP leads to the award of Bachelor of Arts by the University of South Wales.
- Develops your entrepreneurial, business and networking skills to maximise your creative ability
- Prepares you for a portfolio career within the music industry and the wider creative sector
- The personalised learning experience equips you with the knowledge, understanding and skills for successful employment in the music industry
- The London location provides opportunities to develop your business ideas at the heart of the global music industry
- High-quality teaching by industry practitioners
- You will benefit from unrivalled access to major names from the world of record labels, ‘Artist and Repertoire’ (A&R), publishers and promoters
- You can build your music business experience through Dyne Road Recordings, a record label run by students, for students at ICMP
- Extensive music industry links and access enable you to build that all-important network
- A high level of contact teaching hours is delivered in small groups in world-class facilities
- A creative and inspiring learning environment