You will be taught in small group classes by experienced industry professionals in our creative and inspiring learning environment in London, the heart of the music industry.
This course provides you with the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to progress to a range of careers in the music industry or to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in music. The skills you will acquire include music performance, instrumental technique, music technology, creativity, musicianship, and music business knowledge, to allow you to develop fully as an artist. The focus on small class sizes and personalised learning provides opportunities for specialist study relevant to guitar, bass, vocals or drums. Successful completion of the course will provide you with an internationally recognised qualification, and the Higher Diploma additionally provides opportunities for you to progress to full-time degrees at the ICMP or elsewhere.
Awarded by Pearson Edexcel.
For students to be eligible for SLC funding, they must be studying a designated course. This course is designated for SLC loans for 2017-18. Click here for more information.
Full programme specification here
- The personalised learning experience equips you with the knowledge, understanding and skills for successful employment in the music industry
- The London location provides opportunities to perform in gigs at top London venues and immerse yourself in the current music scene
- High-quality teaching by industry practitioners
- Extensive music industry links and access enable you to build that all-important network
- A high level of contact teaching hours is delivered in small groups in world-class facilities
- A creative and inspiring learning environment
- Further progression to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in music on successful completion of the course