ICMP is connected to all the major record labels, publishers, promoters and management companies active in London and the wider music industry, and we make those contacts available to all our students. Our dedicated career development team, known as The Hub, work hard to provide you with a wide range of advice and guidance, including one-to-one sessions with music industry advisers and career guidance experts.
The Hub at ICMP is your link between the classroom, the music industry and your future career, providing you with a wide range of advice and guidance, including one to one sessions with professional music industry advisers and career guidance professionals.
Run by a team of music industry professionals and experienced careers counsellors, the team is on hand from day one to support you in taking your first steps towards a career in the music industry or in wider employment. Core Hub activities include:
- Providing a range of exclusive events throughout the year to give you the opportunity to meet industry professionals, gain advice and insight and build that essential network of contacts
- Connecting you with ICMP’s extensive network of industry contacts and connections, providing tailored audition and showcase opportunities with the biggest industry names such as Sony/ATV Publishing, RCA, BBC, Virgin EMI Records, Island, Columbia and Universal.
- Developing bespoke career plans for all students and providing A&R advice to support your development as an artist
- Providing work experience opportunities and placements and developing your employability skills such as making applications, CV development and interview preparation
- Hosting careers events and our specialist ‘Next Steps’ programme designed to enhance your career development knowledge and opportunities
And our support does not end at graduation. We like to keep our alumni at the very heart of our community, so being part of the ICMP is something that stays with you for life. The Hub at ICMP therefore on hand to provide support, guidance and access to opportunities at all times throughout your career.