Introduction to Music Publishing
Beginner and above. No previous learning is required, however a passion for the music industry is essential!
This course provides an introduction to topics such as self-publishing, copyright law, monetising rights, licensing, synchronisation, and licensing rates, aided by regular in-house workshops where you can discuss ideas with our experienced ICMP music business faculty. Copyrights, contracts and collaborations are the building blocks to successful music publishing. Songwriters, musicians and music entrepreneurs who are serious about profiting from their creative works must know the language, legal terms, industry structures and strategies that if they want to make it in music.
Whilst the course duration is 10 weeks, you will still have access to the online content once the course has ended so you can review it whenever you need.
By completing this course, you will:
- Have an understanding of music publishing and what publishers do
- Have an awareness of copyright and music law
- Understand the key elements of a publishing deal
- Have an awareness of negotiating publishing agreements
- Have an awareness of synchronisation
Sessions are held online and at ICMP Kilburn.
(includes student materials pack, supporting audio and course tuition)
Should you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us on
020 7328 0222 or email@example.com
The information & delivery is great and one to one coaching calls fantastic.
Clear guidance and knowledgeable tutors with all the answers. A lot of information, and helpful real life situation examples.
- Duration: 10 Weeks
- Class detail: Weekly online content with physical workshops held at ICMP in weeks 5, 7 & 10 between 7 - 9pm.
- Start date: TBC
- Location: Online and ICMP Kilburn
- Cost: £199