Mastering with Plugins
An understanding of the fundamentals of music technology and computer operating systems is desirable before taking this course.
This course explores the basic principles of Mastering with a focus on achieving good quality results in a budget environment predominately using software plug-ins. Practical examples involve looking closely at, and dealing hands on with problems and situations that a studio-mastering engineer would encounter.
The main aim of this course is to look at getting as close to a Pro Mastering reference as possible, using a budget set up. We aim to help you create your final product ready for market, get your music ready for radio play and live performance as well as making your demo’s stand out.
By completing this course, you will:
- Understand the importance of the mastering process
- Understand preparations and workflows
- Have a range of practical mastering tips & tricks for commercial use
- Understand theoretical principles of sound in relation to the mastering process
- Understand concepts such as EQ and dynamic processors
This course takes place in ICMP’s state of the art studio control room. Equipment used includes; Audient ASP8024 Heritage Edition Mixing Console, Focal SM6 Trio 6 Be 3-way nearfield monitor speakers, Avantone Active MixCube monitor speakers, Avid Pro Tools HD Native, Avid S3 Pro Tools Control Surface, Lexicon PCM91 Multi Effects Processor, UAD 6176 Vintage Channel Strip, UAD Powered Plugins, Antares Autotune Studio .
Sat/Sun 10am – 5pm
Apply for this course
Should you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us on
020 7328 0222 or email@example.com
- Duration: 2 days
- Location: Kilburn, London
- Day/Time: Sat/Sun 10am – 5pm
- Cost: £290